Jul 1, 2011

Life as an LCT Intern

Greetings, theatre-lovers!

Welcome back to the LCT blog! It has been a long year since the last post, but what a year it was. Our 2010-2011 season brought stunning shows, creative classes, exciting new special events, and another year of friendship with our LCT family.

I joined the family in May of this year, and I can't believe it's been over a month already! The last few weeks have been insane in the best way possible-- helping design marketing materials for the Shooting Stars Youtheatre's Alice in Wonderland and the 10th Annual Summer Family Musical, Annie, learning how to handle ticket sales, hosting hundreds of students in the Imagination Zone, our summer theatre school, and so much more. In addition to getting to know my incredible crew of co-interns, I've had to opportunity to talk with the insanely knowledgeable staff of theatre professionals that work here. And the families! Oh, the families. Wonderfully friendly smiling faces that welcomed me to the family from my very first day. As I write this, I'm serenaded by the sound of 20 four- and five-year-olds performing their version of "Angelina Ballerina" for their family and friends. I watched the morning session's "Where the Wild Things Are" this morning-- pics coming soon. Seriously, this is my job? It rocks!

And to think, it's just getting started. I have a whole season of fun ahead of me, and I can't wait to experience it with all of you. We'll have spotlights from other interns and staff and be sure to keep you updated on all the magic happening here.

So come on in -- join a summer theatre class, sign up for a Season Subscription, purchase your tickets for the 10th Annual Summer Family Musical-- and stop by the box office to say hello! I'll be here all year, folks. :)

Pink shoes and Wild crews,

Carrie
Arts Administration Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment